Interaction / UI Designer
What were looking for:
We’re looking for a fantastic UI Designer to join our team and work along side UX Designers, Industrial Designers, Researchers and Developers from our growing design studio in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Independent, self-motivated, design professional who plays well with others.
- Opinionated but you’re not stubborn and are able to clearly articulate why one design is superior to another.
- Obsessed with simplicity and while you may not like it, you know what skeuomorphic design is.
- Passionate about the space. You love the world of design and you are always keeping on top of the most recent design and usability discussions. In other words, you give a damn.
- You have a few years experience and know you way around, but you’re looking to grow and be challenged in the next phase of your career.
- A big believer in rapid prototyping. While you’re not a developer, you can create pixel perfect mockups that clearly illustrate potential interactions. You may have even gotten your hands dirty a few times and built your own “click-able” prototypes.
- 2+years of experience in designing interfaces for iOS/Android Devices.
- A solid understanding of interaction paradigms including the differences/similarities between Android and IOS design patterns.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and experience in creating production ready graphics.
- Experience collaborating with developers on design feasibility and asset delivery.
- An eye for detail and great communication skills.
- Solid understanding of interaction design paradigms, visual design and typography.
- A strong portfolio of application and web design.
- Experience designing for interaction models that span multiple devices.
- Familiarity with the agile development process.
- Experience working in various phases of the UX process from research to information architecture and scenario development.
Who We Are
At Adonit, it’s our belief that technology should enable the creative process, not hinder it. We’re a small group of passionate individuals who are on a mission to empower creatives with a new set of physical and digital tools.
Our most recent product, the Jot Touch, leads the market in pressure sensitive iPad styli and was recently picked as an editor’s choice by PC Magazine.
We’re an energetic and growing company that takes as much pride in our work as our people. If you’re looking for a new opportunity in a collaborative, engaging environment, drop us a line.
At Adonit, you’ll find a bunch of very smart, very talented people who love to laugh, make cool stuff, and dream big. If this sounds like you, drop us a line at email@example.com or you can learn more about us and our current products at www.adonit.net.