Senior Product Designer
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a senior product designer that can be handed a problem or goal, and find a solution utilizing multiple disciplines. Our products seem simple, but they require complex, non-obvious answers that depend on pragmatic evaluation of all options: Mechanical, electrical, software and firmware.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Passionate about learning new disciplines, and bringing them together to solve specific problems.
- Comfortable taking responsibility for issues and executing solutions to resolve them.
- Able to utilize fellow engineers from different schools of thought (electrical, firmware, software) and levels of experience to build the foundation of a product.
- We expect you to visit vendors, check out suppliers, go to local conferences, prototype new ideas and generally apply your entire knowledge base in the pursuit of a product that pushes the envelope.
- Confident but not cocky. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we do expect you to be honest about it when you don’t.
- A great communicator. English isn’t the only language, learning to embrace local lifestyles, languages and working habits are critical for proper communication in Taiwan.
- In the Taipei, Taiwan area, or are willing to relocate here.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of product design experience
- Some experience leading a team and taking a product to production.
- 3D CAD and drawing skills.
- Mechanical background.
- An in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes: Injection molding, forming, forging, machining, post finishing, cosmetic finishing.
- A basic (or more) understanding of electronic circuits, software design, and firmware design.
- A willingness to learn new things and learn from your mistakes.
- An eye for detail and great communication skills.
- A curiosity for all things around you, and a willingness to venture beyond your diploma.
At Adonit, it’s our belief that technology should enable the creative process, not hinder it. We’re a small group of passionate individuals who are on a mission to empower creatives with a new set of physical and digital tools. Our most recent product, the Jot Touch, leads the market in pressure sensitive iPad styli and was recently picked as an editor’s choice by PC Magazine. We’re an energetic and growing company that takes as much pride in our work as our people. If you’re looking for a new opportunity in a collaborative, engaging environment, drop us a line.
At Adonit, you’ll find a bunch of very smart, very talented people who love to laugh, make cool stuff, and dream big. If this sounds like you, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can learn more about us and our current products at www.adonit.net.
Really want to impress us? Include some examples of process, brainstorms, iterations, or something else with your portfolio.
You can learn more about us at www.adonit.net